The average adult in the U.S. will shave 14,000 times in their life. That’s roughly a shave every other day, for 75 years. Using 400 cans of shaving cream products per person.
Shaving products as a category include tools, razors, soaps, gels, foams, and creams. It’s the pressurized cans of shaving cream that account for the majority of purchases in this category. Considered an everyday household item, most shoppers include shaving cream and razors in the same category as soap and shampoo—a daily necessity.
What’s in shaving cream that makes it so effective?
In most formulations, 80% of shaving cream is water. The remaining 20% of the ingredients work to create the lather, bind the ingredients, soften the skin, preserve the product, and propel the ingredients out of the can.